Thursday, October 18, 2012

IndiFUEL/mixcould set

There's only a few days left before I board a plane to Iceland.  I can only think about the years that have gone by with this moment being only a thought in my mind. I think back to that crucial moment that I have never forgotten- Staring at a TV screen in the late hours of the night at an image of a giant stuffed teddy bear trolling through the woods while being tracked by a hunter who it later kills.  And there it was, I was entranced by my first exposure to Björk. An artist that brought a sound that I had never heard before . Her voice is as mesmerizing as the construction of her songs and the images in her videos. This was my first exposure to Iceland during a pivotal time in music. It also began a growing need to visit the country that continues to bring forth such amazing talent to the music industry.

So here's my contribution to Iceland a country that has a monumental influence in my expanding growth of musical culture.  I present you with a mix that draws upon the sounds of independent artists that inspire me the same way Björk did so many years ago.  It leans a bit more to the likes of Bondax, but this duo from across the pond forces you to do one thing...listen. ENJOY!

...P.S. Icelanders. If you see me, say 'Hi!' Let's have a drink.



SEE/femme

free down load link here







No comments:

Post a Comment