Friday, May 10, 2013

DON'T LET THE LIGHT SHINE IN/ bimmian m3 KMH gauge upgrade






Ever since my new family addition, I have had big plans for her. There's nothing like watching your little girl grow up, seeing her reach her full potential and becoming everything that she can be! I always knew that having her in my life was meant to be...a symbiotic relationship between me and one of the best pieces of automotive machinery to come out of Munich...the BMW e46. As perfect as this car is I just have one problem...at night it just drives me crazy to see that amber light bleeding through my gauges. I know I'm not alone, because everyone who posts a picture online of the e46 gauges at night turns the brightness down so only the numbers are illuminated. So I said, "Enough, I can't take this anymore!" I decided to upgrade and rid myself of that bloody amber glow once and for all.

I know that the mad scientists at BMW chose the amber because it was scientifically  proven to be the easiest on the eyes at night, but does the entire gauge need to be amber? I scoured the internet researching the vast forum write-ups of changing the color buy replacing the LED lighting...but, if I were to change the color of the gauges I would have to change all the colors of every dash piece that lights up in the car. At that very thought it wasn't the color that bothered me it was the thin piece of plastic that allowed that amber light to shine through and this brings me to my final decision.  I bring you these pictures of my new gauges courtesy of Bimmian.com.

...did you notice the gauge rings too?! ...and yes, I opted not to do the red Sharpie mod.

Next upgrade...Dynavin, here I come! 

Check out what Dollhouse Vacancy is doing here. SEE/femme

bimmian m3 style grey gauge face in kmh

silver gauge rings 


No comments:

Post a Comment