Friday, May 4, 2012

SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT/h&m motorcyle jacket


Ok...I'll admit these are not some of my favorite pictures. It's not because I don't like my outfit and it's not because they were taken at night. It's the fact that a flash was used because we were in the darkest part of the city, void of all street lights. Hear me out, it's not that it was dark but it's the use of a flash.

Flash and I don't get along and we have been at odds since our first encounter. Allow me to explain... standing their posing for a picture with friends, the flash goes off and the intense light causes me to blink, it's not something that I do as a conscious reaction, it's an involuntary response like breathing. So, while everyone is admiring the great picture they have all taken together to mark a memory of an experience we all shared in a moment in time, I'm the one who says, "Delete it, delete it now!" Why? Well I'm the only one in the group who looks intoxicated! 

Me being the super hero that I am have just exposed to the world my one weakness...the flash. Just like superman and kryptonite I had to find a way to combat my weakness. Through months of research and testing I have discovered the one thing that can protect me...sunglasses! I can take all the pictures I want with a flash without the fear of my weakness being shown. But, then it occurred to me, I'm not the only one with suffering from this ailment. Karl Lagerfeld (if he ever took a picture without sunglasses I probably wouldn't recognize him) and the entire front row of fashion week.

I wear sunglasses not only for style, but also because I too bleed if you prick me.

SEE/femme


asos black 3/4 sleeve shirt

h&m motorcycle jacket